Saturday, September 20, 2008

Noodles to You


I discovered these noodles at Williams Sonoma a few months ago, and if I was Julie Andrews, these would definitely go in my song.

They are big, fat curly-Q's of happiness. And I challenge anyone to stay in a bad mood while these are in front of you. They go well with any sauce or in a soup, but don't try to serve them as a background player to chicken. No, they are divas, and will only give you their full love if you feature them as the headliner in whatever dish you are serving. The company that makes them is dai Marella and they are called Molloni. I have not seen them anywhere else, but will definitely be keeping my eye out for them everywhere I go now. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

Ohhh, something to look for on my next trip to New Orleans! Which is the location of the nearest Williams Sonoma.... (sigh of sadness).

And just two weeks ago I re-watched The Sound Of Music for the first time in years! (sigh of happiness)

Mike said...

I'm also a huge fan who had trouble finding this pasta online, which is how I ended up here! I do see them available at italianharvest.com though I haven't ordered myself yet.

I found them as they were the first google hit for dai marella pasta. They have a nice background on the marella family here.

tribble said...

I have been looking everywhere for this pasta and unfortunately, the tips on where to find molloni in this blog do not seem to carry it anymore :-(