Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Jacket Weather



I had a delicious surprise this morning.

After months of stepping out into the suffocatingly hot and muggy summer mornings; after a summer full of swatting at flies and mosquitos so often that I am sure all of my neighbors are thoroughly convinced that I have a motor-skills disorder; after and unending parade of days that required me immediately stripping out of moist-sticky clothing as soon as I walked back through the door; this morning I was greeted with weather that invited me to go back inside for a jacket.

I adore the first day of jacket weather. It brings to my mind apples, and blue jeans, and the smell of library books.

I did forget one small thing in my glee. While the steamy humidity of the summer is equally draining on me and my pup, cool weather has the same effect on her that a Frappuccino has on a 10-year old with ADHD. Which is why all of the cushions have been pulled off the couch in the living room, my shoes are scattered in various places, and Charlie is standing in the middle of all of it, tail wagging, insisting that there is nothing more important right now than a game of tug-of-war.

No comments: