Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Lazy Route


Cesar would be so disappointed in us.

Every morning I get up and walk Charlie for about 45 minutes, give or take depending on the weather. And every afternoon, either Mark and I sit out in the backyard, accompanied by about a thousand mosquitos and gnats, and play fetch or chase with her. This is what you have to do when you have a dog with this kind of energy level. When we don't....we pay for it.

But sometimes, you just don't have it. There are some afternoons that the damn no-see's keep me holed up in my house with the door locked. There are Sundays where I am still in my pajamas at 3:49 in the afternoon and the prospect of having to dig up my tennis shoes to go outside is just too much.

For those afternoons, we resort to the Kong. The Kong is an absolutely incredible, INDESTRUCTIBLE, indispensable toy that we have had since she was a puppy. It may be the equivalent of sticking a child in front of the television, but you put a little peanut butter down in that thing, and you have at least 45 minutes of respite.

I am sorry Cesar. Kong wins this round.

1 comment:

Britt said...

Sometimes, it's just necessary. We can't all be dog whisperers. My pacifier of choice is Dently's rawhide chew flips.